Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I have no idea what white balance is. But I found the option to change the white balance on my camera so I changed it to see what would happen. This happened.
????
I was so annoyed because it actually looked like it would have been a decent picture.

So I went straight to Picnik and cropped it and adjusted the colors.

I suppose it's still not great, but I actually kinda like it. I wish his eyes were as bright as in the first one, but the more I look at it, the more it grows on me.


4 comments:

  1. I think his eyes look great in the edited one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS a very cute picture! I know, white balance can be pretty annoying - especially if you forget to adjust it for your environment. You did a good job with the edit, though.

    Perhaps you're already familiar with the book "Understanding Exposure". Right now I'm working my way through it and I recently read that the author always sets his white balance to "cloudy" when outside, and on the rare occasion when he shoots indoors, he'll adjust the WB for whatever the lightsource is - most often Tungsten in a home. When I'm at home during the day I have started to leave my WB on cloudy because it is practically like I'm outside, and I'm liking the way those pictures turn out most of the time.

    As for the children's Bible, it is not a boardbook. We've only recently started letting him handle the "real" books on his own:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still a bit clueless so can't help :-( But I like it, very cute and those curls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cute picture and you did a good job fixing the color!
    I am sometimes also having issues with the white balance. You just need to play around with it and get familiar with how the different settings look with your camera..

    ReplyDelete