Saturday, April 23, 2011

Help!

Our house doesn't let in much light. Probably because the houses on our street are about six inches apart. When Brendan plays near our front sliding glass doors I try to get some pictures using natural light. Unless the sun is shining directly in, I have to max out the ISO (1600). They come out so grainy. Is this normal or is it maybe because I'm still using the kit lens? I'd much rather lower the ISO and use the flash. I have no idea what I'm doing. Tips appreciated!

This had the potential to be a really sweet photo. Bummer.


3 comments:

  1. Still an adorable picture in my opinion! If he were facing the window you'd get more on his face, but I know kids don't always face the direction we need them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it still is a very sweet photo. That is a tough situation with the lighting.

    I know it isn't natural light, but can you turn on some soft-light lamps to give a bit of extra light?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually love it. I'd edit it and lighten what you can, but I love the look of natural light, even if it is a little dark. I noticed a big difference when I got my new camera 1600 was my old max ISO. But I hate how grainy it is at that high. Have you thought about using a diffuser with your flash? You can even use paper, shirts, ect.

    ReplyDelete